Acoustic Guitar Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Description: Acoustic Guitar for sale - John H. Dick Lucky Strike Redwood 1996
- Type / luthier: Classical. John H. Dick from Iowa. The 12th guitar he ever made, in 1996
- Year of construction: 1996
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Top: Lucky Strike Redwood
- Back / Sides: Quartered Cocobolo Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony
- Sound: Unique and Beautiful
- Condition: Used. Wear and tear from playing (scratches on the top). Two small hairline cracks below the bridge that have been repaired.
- Price: US $3500
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location (nearest city): Chicago, IL
Beautiful singing trebles and thunderous booming basses. This is the warmest sounding guitar I have ever encountered, the top is like cedar on steroids. The sound is soft but sounds unique and beautiful. The finish is an oil violin varnish.
Lucky strike redwood comes from California. The tops come from a tree struck by lightning. It is illegal to chop down redwoods, so this is the only method to obtain this wood. It's rare and sounds fantastic.
Richard Brune from Chicago acknowledged John H. Dick after he showed him this very guitar.