Description: Bass Guitar - MTD 635 6-String Electric Bass Guitar Tobias Design
There are no pictures available for this bass guitar
MTD 635 6 String Bass
email me for Pix
• Electronics made personally by Bill Bartolini
• Swamp Ash Body
• Maple Neck
• Wenge Fingerboard
• Wenge peghead+cavity covers
• 21 Frets – “medium jumbo” size
• 2 Bartolini Soapbar humbuckers + 3-band preamp with switchable mids - 18-volt circuit on preamp for more headroom
• Lifetime Warranty on Neck
• Includes Case
Make an Offer!!!
I am the only owner of this bass. It is #79 – the 79th – MTD bass ever made. -Collectable-
This is the nicest MTD Bass I have ever played. I haven’t played them all, but I have played many of them. This bass gets a resonant sound, and is extremely responsive. It offers a huge array of sounds to compliment any group and any venue.
It has remarkable tonal versatility. It gets several great slap tones, as well as the old school P-bass and J-bass sounds. With the mid frequency adjustor and selectable frequencies, it gets just about any sound. Every engineer I have worked with in the studio loved this bass. It tracks very well.
Truss rod broke and was replaced by Mr. Tobias (the maker). Since then, the neck is under a lifetime warranty. (that’s better than a new bass’s warranty!) This will carry through the life of the bass. Since then absolutely no problem with the neck or the truss rod . Neck is rock solid. I don't even need to tune it when I pull it out of the case.
New jack I installed in the spring of this year (2007).
To buy this bass new, according to the website at mtdbass, it would cost $4700= ($4200 starting price + $500 for the beautiful Wenge wood fingerboard, peghead veneer, and the covers of the battery box, control cavity, and truss rod cavity).
The bass is in excellent condition. The sound is true. The preamp is quiet. Very even response across the strings. The neck is rock solid.
Shipping, Payment and Returns:
• FREE SHIPPING to your home or business.
• I live in the Washington DC area, so if you prefer to meet, that’s cool.
• The value of this sale is significant, I am very reluctant to accept paypal.
• Preferred methods of Payment are CASH, Wire Transfer, Western Union, and most especially preferred is the Electronic Transfer of Funds. (Electronic transfer of funds from bank to bank is usually free). Funds transfers are the way to go for quick transactions. Web-Bill-Pay will also work.
• Other methods of payment accepted are: Cashier’s check, money order, traveler’s checks, etc. I won’t ship until I have verified the checks are legit and the money is in my account. But I highly recommend electronic transfer of funds.
• MAKE an OFFER if you’re interested.
Pictures: Bass Guitar - MTD 635 6-String Electric Bass Guitar Tobias Design